Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ah, the work place

Here are a few of my phone calls for today (note: I have 6 1/2 more hours)

Caller: Yes, I need your clinic's fax number
Me: This is the Communication Department, which clinic do you need?
Caller: Yours
Me: This isn't a clinic. This is the hospital operator.
Caller: Yes
Me: M'am, this is not a clinic. Do you know which clinic you need?
Caller: Isn't this Primary Children's?
Me: Yes. There is more than one clinic here. Do you know which clinic you need?
Caller: Yes. I need your clinic's fax number.
Me: Is it for your eyes, your heart, your bones?
Caller: No. Do you not have a fax number? That's odd a clinic doesn't have a fax number.
Me: M'am, you have reached a Specialty Hopsital. All of the calls come to the hospital operator and then the operator connects you to a clinic. Do you know why you need the fax number?
Caller: So you aren't a clinic?
Me: No.
Caller: Are you sure?
Me: Yes.
Caller: Could you double check?
Me: Sure, just one moment. . . . We are not clinic.
Caller: That is so weird they would give me this number to Primary Children's. I guess I'll call the GI clinic and see if they have a fax number.

This lady was awesome.

There is nothing fun to report. I am gathering my documents for my taxes. It has snowed a bit, but not as much in SLC as Ogden. I filled my car up with gas yesterday. Oh, I saw a movie yesterday. Mad Money. It has Diane Keaton, Queen Latifa, and Katie Holmes in it. It was funny.

3 comments:

LIZ said...

Ok, I know that you are way more funny then this. Are you sure your feeling alright?

Anonymous said...

OH MY HELL that was SO FUNNY...... just proves my point you can not change stupid.....

Lindsay said...

And I thought the ridiculous calls we got at the Rides office were bad. Sometimes we have people that call the bank and ask about their account. I get really annoyed when I tell them the desired account information and they ask, "Are you kidding me?" Why would we joke at a bank???